Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jake is famous!!!!


So, Jake really thinks he is famous and here is why... A few weeks ago I had posted some funny things that Jake said. Well I thought it was so funny that I sent it to the Bonnie Hunt talkshow. I don't know if any of you watch it or not but she has a segment called "Mail from you guys". I sent it in for fun just to see what might happen. I have been recording The Bonnie Hunt show everyday for 2 reasons. One, I like to watch it at my leisure and two, just in case she reads my letter. To my utter surprise she read my letter on Monday that said "My 7 year old son asked me the other day, on a scale from 1-10 how hard is your job as a mom? As I was thinking of my answer he said, do you sometimes wish you were a dad? I laughed so hard and made sure I told my husband." Bonnie Hunt thought it was pretty funny as did the audience. Then they showed Jake's picture on the show. It was so cool. I have tried to look for a link somewhere to post the video of that segment of the show and I can't find it anywhere. Let me know if you have any ideas. The picture above was the picture they put on the show except they zoomed in really close so you could see his cute face better. Jake was so surpised to see himself on TV. Yep, Jake you are famous!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope it doesn't all go to his head! I would have been so excited to see him on T.V. I love Bonnie Hunt, but haven't been watching her show. It was an incredibly funny comment.

Rachael said...

That is so cool that she read it! I think his conversation with you is so funny! And soooo true!:)

The Hardy's said...

That is so awesome that Jake was on tv, and what an awesome mom you are for sending it in! Fun, fun, fun!

The King Crew said...

I loved what he said and told it to my husband for a really good laugh the first time you posted it! That is so awesome you thought to send it in to the show - you'll have to scrapbook this for sure!

bloodfamily said...

I'm sure that Jake will keep you laughing for years to come. How fun for you and him to share a special "moment" even if it is now on national TV. lol

Tandy said...

That's cool. I would have loved to see Jake on TV.

bloodfamily said...

I need your email to send you an invite to my blog.

Bethany said...

That is hilarious!

Ginger Rogers said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! MELISSA....HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW! Seriously.......that is soooooooooo cool! I always wondered if the things they're posting on t.v. were really from Mom's writting in, or if they just made it up. Now I know.......it really is from Mom's! Of course you would be the fun Mom to write it and send it in! What are the odds of getting chosen........VERY SLIM...........and yet...YOU WON!!!! SO AWESOME! When I read that story on your blog I LAUGHED so hard! Mom's are now appreciating Jakes humor around the nation! Even better that it came from a boy who'll grow up to be a Dad! :) Sounds like he's ahead of his time. His wife will appreciate that he knows her job is harder ! Ha haa!!!! Miss you!