Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

My dad told me about this great website were you can get a laundry basket full of fresh fruits and vegetables for $15 ($25 for organic).

Bountiful Baskets are available in Utah, Nevada and Arizona. In North Las Vegas the baskets are available every other week. You recieve what ever is available and in season.

In my first basket I recieved the following:

11 snack sized apples
8 0z. mushrooms
1 pint grape tomatoes
6 oz. blackberries
1 bag of large carrotts
1 cantelope
1 pineapple
1 small bunch of broccoli
10 bananas
1 bunch swiss chard
1 bunch romaine lettuce
17 red potatos

I was pleasently surpised at all the food I recieved for only $15. You can order whenever or want, there is no commitment. The pick up place is at the Mountain Crest park of Durango and Lone Mountain. If you are interested go to bountifulbaskets.org.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I am in! I have been wanting to try swiss chard...someone told me prepare it like spinach and then saute it with garlic and some other stuff and it is better than spinach!
Those fruits and veggies look awesome!