Sunday, September 5, 2010

Emma's turns 11

Emma turned 11 on August 4th. We had a nice quiet family party a few days before her birthday because Matt would be out of town on her actual birthday. She and I tried to make a cake that looked like a giant lipstick. We ran out of frosting so we had to make due. I still think it turned out okay. Emma opened a few gifts from her family and then other cards trickled in throughout the week from family members too far away to celebrate.
On her actual birthday we invited some friends and went $1 bowling. We always have fun when we go bowling but it is always more fun with friends. This time was no exception.


It is hard to believe my little girl is 11 years old and in 6th grade, which is middle school here in Las Vegas. Emma has always been a good girl. She was a happy, obedient child. I never had to put baby locks on anything. I would just tell her "no, no" and she would never get into again. She is still like that today. Happy and obedient. She has a kind heart and is always willing to help even without being asked. She is great with her little brothers. She has turned into a great babysitter. She is already being asked to babysit for people in our ward. I think that speaks volumes about Emma's character. Emma is a true blessing in our family. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this special young lady.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I love the cake...way better than I could do! Emma is such a sweet girl! Looks like her bday was fun!

The Hardy's said...

I'm so glad Emma had a fun birthday. She is wonderful and talented and we like her alot!

Natalie N said...

Yes, she is a GREAT girl! Looks like a wonderful 11th birthday! :)

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck, I love the lipstick cake! You all are too creative for me! Happy Birthday Emma, you're the BEST!