Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yeehaw we made it to Texas!

Jake and Matt drove for 4 days or 35 hours depending on how you want to count it. They left Sunday the 12th and got to Houston on the 15th. Emma, Brandon and I flew in the night of the 15th. We stayed in a hotel for 2 nights and then got sick of that and stayed at the new house for 2 nights even though the moving trucks had not brought our things yet. Wonderful people from our new ward brought over air mattresses, sheets, pillows, blankets and towels.
The kids and I went to Walmart for the essentials. Luckily the house we are renting came with a fridge and washer and dryer. So we were set for the weekend.
The moving truck finally came on Sunday afternoon. It is now 10:45pm and we all have our own beds to sleep in tonight! YEAH!!
So once I get my house all put together and organized I will take some pictures and post them.
So far we all like Houston. We have even made some new friends already! Yeah for church.
More Texas adventure to come....

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you all made it safely, and that your stuff is finally there. What a relief!

Kevin said...

So glad you are there safely and things are looking good! Keep us posted!!!!

Natalie N said...

Yay for southern hospitality. So glad to hear that you're making friends quickly. What a blessing! Keep the updates coming!
xoxo

Rachael said...

When does Emma go to Girls Camp? I can't wait to hear how it was! Hope you are surviving the heat!!

Kellie DeMille said...

What a great ward! I'm so glad they are taking good care of you guys :)

Jenny said...

Good luck in Texas! I love that place for many reasons.