Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

So in the last couple of days my boys have said some funny things so I thought I would share them with you. For those of you who don't know when Brandon turned 2 in May he could only say 5 words. He finally started talking last August. He now never stops talking. He must be making up for lost time. Anyway, the other day I was on the phone making a quick phone call and he walked up to me and said "Mom, get off phone, talk me." It was so funny and shocked me that he said so much that I could understand I had to ask him to say it again. It may not seem much to you but it was a huge thing for Brandon to say. Now for Jake. He said "Mom, on a scale from 1 to 10 how hard is your job as a mom?" As I was thinking of my answer he said "Is it so hard that sometimes you just want to be a dad?" I laughed outloud to that one and made sure to tell Matt what he said. To answer his question...No I don't want to be a dad, I love being a mom.

7 comments:

Natalie N said...

Fun to catch up on your blog tonight! These are great quotes from your boys. I'm glad you're writing them down!

I also loved the garbage sack idea for hair cutting. I'm definitely doing that next time we cut Cole's hair.

Looks like you also had a wonderful New Year celebration with family. Take care!

Rachael said...

That's funny! I am glad he sees that it is hard being a mom!

Casey said...

I love that. I'm glad he thinks being a mom is harder being a dad. I think it is too.

Jennifer said...

Funny!!!

Sarah said...

It is good that he seems to appreciate how hard your job actually is. Very funny of him.

Ginger Rogers said...

I am CRACKING up! Those were AWESOME! The best is I could Totally hear Jakes voice asking you that. Both so cute! Miss you! Love, Trisha Oh and "oh la la" on the cute blog decor! LOVE IT!!!

JENN said...

from the mouth of babes hey?