Monday, June 8, 2009

Piano Recital

Emma and Jake have been taking piano lesson for a little over a year with a short break when we moved to Las Vegas. Their piano teacher here is Emily Hilton. She is in our ward. Emma and Jake really enjoy her as a teacher and want to continue taking piano lessons, so I guess that is a compliment to Emily. They had their first recital with Emily on May 30th. I only took pictures of them at the recital. One day I will record them playing their recital pieces. Jake played a song from Star Wars and a song called "Magic Man".

Emma played a Sonatina and a song from "The Sound of Music".

They both did a great job. The best part of the recital was the fact that it was only 15 minutes long. Emily only has 4 students right now. I love those kind of recitals.

4 comments:

bloodfamily said...

That is an awesome accomplishment. You can't ask for anything better than a 15 minute recital! Not even enough time to get a headache!

Rachael said...

15 min long recital...that is perfect! I wish Alexis would start up again!!

Natalie N said...

That's what I'm talking about--a 15 minute recital! Nice! Sounds like the kids are having a great time.

kelly said...

I agree with the greatness of a 15 min. recital!

About that poem on my blog. . .I just wrote it, so it's nothing professional!