Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First day of school Texas style

Wow things sure get started early here in Texas. I wake the boys up at 5:40am and have them at the bus stop for pick up at 6:35am. School starts at 7:40am. I could drive them to school but with a new baby and having the bus stop literally at my front door and the fact that the bus ride is Brandon's favorite part of school the decision was too easy.
Here are the boys waiting for the bus. Yes it is still dark outside when they get on the bus. It is also 85-90 degrees with humidity at 6:30am. Yeah love the Texas weather! Not!
I have to admit I got cried a little when the boys drove away. I can't believe my Jake is in 5th grade. He grew so fast. Jake really likes the new school and has already made new friends. Brandon is, was my baby and now he rides a bus to school and is in kindergarten. He seems to little to go to school. He goes to school all day long. It is weird not having him around. He really likes school and loves to tell me everything he did at school. He has done so well with all the changes in our family. The move to Texas, new baby and school starting. He is a little trooper.
Emma started 7th grade this year. What??? She turned 12 this summer and blossomed into a young lady. She tested for the gifted and talented classes at her school and passed. So she gets to take a language class this year. She chose Spanish. She seems very happy with her schedule and new school. She also rides the bus but doesn't leave until 7:20am so we have a little time to ourselves in the morning. She usually uses any extra time to hold Natalie.
I think we are really going to like school here in Texas. So far I am very impressed and have only heard good things about the schools my kids attend. Here's to another successful school year!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

How great is it to be able to snuggle Natalie all to yourself while everyone is gone at school? I loved the spacing of my kids for that reason!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun start to the school year! The kids look so grown up all of a sudden! I can't believe how well Brandon is doing, way to go bud!!

Jenny said...

Hey Melissa - congratulations on the new baby and the move to Texas. Looks like you and your family are doing well! Good luck with the new school year.

Alisha said...

Thanks for sharing! So glad your kids are liking school. I seriously can't believe how early these Elem. kids have to leave though!!

kelly said...

Hi Melissa! hope all is well with your family and your cute little baby girl! i have a baby announcement for your family, could you email me your new address? thanks so much! kelly