Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

First we decorated eggs on Saturday night. Here are the kids with all their creations. They only got to make 4 eggs because I am cheap and did not want to boil more than a dozen eggs.


Saturday night before bed the kids set out their Easter baskets for the Easter bunny to bring their treats etc. Boy did the Easter bunny deliver. Everyone seemed very pleased with what they found in their basket which were among other things, books, toys and as usual way too much candy.
Then we all got ready for church and of course we had to take the traditional Easter picture before church. This used to be because everyone got new Easter clothes. Emma was the only one that got something new this year. Boys are just not that fun to dress up and they really don't care either I have learned.

After church we had fun making dinner. It seems like every Christmas and Easter we have ham and cheesy potatoes. I guess it is a tradition. I thought I would do something fun this Easter so I made the jello look like bunnies eating grass. Can you tell? The kids got a kick out of it so I guess it is mission accomplished.

And finally the egg hunt. We hid all the eggs the Easter bunny brought plus the 12 boiled eggs the kids decorated. After the hunt was over we counted up all the eggs only to discover we were missing one boiled egg. Oh that is bad. So we all went on a real hunt to find the missing egg. It took us a good 5 minutes or so to find the egg that most of us walked past a few times without seeing. Having a boiled egg go rotten in my house is not the kind of Easter memory I want to have.


As you can see Brandon is working hard at getting an egg out of the pocket of the pool table.
We had a nice Easter weekend and among all the fun tried to remember the real reason we celebrate Easter. To remember the Atonement of our Savior and the miracle of the resurrection.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

I love the Easter Bunnie jello. I saw this on a different blof and thought about it but didn't know if my kids would eat it when it was all said and done so I ski[[ed it!
I made sure we found out 12 boiled eggs and didn't bother counting the plastic ones to see if we found them.
Emma looked so cute at church. I almost bought that shirt at Target and if they would have had that skirt in Alexis's size at ON, I would have gotten it too...I love it!

Sarah said...

That jello is awesome. Eric wanted to hide our hard boiled eggs, but I vetoed him. Now I am kind of glad I did. Rotten egg is not a smell I want in the house.

bloodfamily said...

I love the jello bunnies! Adorable. Can I have the recipe? I agree with the boiled egg thing. It is pretty disgusting trying to hunt down that boiled egg in the home thing. When I was little I put all of my boiled eggs in a lunch box and then threw them in my toy box. We found them months later....can you imagine! Ewwww

The Hardy's said...

Fun! Looks like you guys had a great weekend. I love the easter bunny jello too, you should post the recipe. :)

Jossie said...

I love the jello! So cute! Looks like a great Easter.

Kellie DeMille said...

What fun! Your lesson in Relief Society was great too.(the part I didn't interupt anyway):)

Natalie N said...

I'm totally impressed with your bunny jello! Way to go! Yeah, the boiled eggs stay in the fridge at our house for fear of finding a rotten egg months later. Thank goodness you found the lost egg! :)