Thursday, September 17, 2009

Emma "Paula Deen" Summers

So Emma has been working on one of her goals in the Faith in God book. She had to plan and prepare 5 meals for our family. She did a great job and of course she had a blast doing it. She loves to cook anyway and frequently helps me out in the kitchen. It was an interesting experience for me to give up command of my kitchen so to speak. I don't share my kitchen very well so I had to just let things go that I would normally want to "fix". It was strange having to figure out how to tell a 10 year old how to cut tomatoes or make a white sauce.

Emma made BBQ beef cups, taco salad, mini-pizzas, pork roast and homemade rolls for Sunday dinner, and chicken alfredo. She also made dessert pizzas, and they were yummy. Fortunately for Emma I am a very simple cook so all my recipes are very easy to follow and make. Plus Emma does take direction very well. I do think though now that she has had this experience she will want to be spending more time in MY kitchen now that she is "experienced". I guess I am going to have to get used to sharing my kitchen with my sweet and talented daughter.

Here are a few pictures of the cook in action.




Doesn't she look like a pro? I really did have fun cooking with her and teaching her the little that I know about cooking and baking. Actually I really do have fun doing all kinds of things with Emma. She is a sweetheart and a real joy to have in our family. Not to mention all the great food she makes.

5 comments:

Graham said...

Those BBQ beef cups sound good you will have to post the recipe.

bloodfamily said...

What - are you kidding me. She looks like a better cook than I am! I really do suck when it comes to cooking. (Killed a bird once when boiling water - another story). Please don't let my kids see these pictures - I may be in a lot of trouble. Emma you are awesome!

Sarah said...

I agree with Gina! I want the recipe for the BBQ beef cups, and Karen I want to hear the story about the dead bird! Good job giving up control. I really can't picture Megan making dinner. I guess that is a sign that I should start teaching her. Looks like Emma did a great job.

Natalie N said...

Look at those darling mini-pizzas. I think I need her recipe! :) What a great gal; good job Emma!

The Hardy's said...

Yummy! Emma can come cook in my kitchen anytime! Great job working on your Faith in God. :)