Saturday, November 7, 2009

36 facts for 36 years.

1. November 7th is my birthday
2. I had braces when I was teenager even though you can't tell now.
3. I went to Europe for 3 weeks with my high school choir.
4. I have 3 brothers, a half brother, 4 step-brothers and 1 step sister.
5. I rolled a brand new car 3 times.
6. I found out I was pregnant with Emma lying on a gurney in an E.R.
7. I went on a mission to Tacoma, Washington.
8. I went to Snow College in Ephraim, Utah.
9. I hate birds.
10. Everyone in my immediate family has a name that starts with "M".
11. When I was 3-11 years old my family owned a grocery store in rural Utah.
12. I was "Little Miss Market" in a 24th of July parade.
13. I don't eat melon of any sort.
14. I make lists constantly.
15. I have a terrible time with computers.
16. I met Matt in May of 1997, we were engaged on July 4, 1997 and married Sept. 27, 1997.
17. I have never been to Canada or Mexico.
18. My great-great grandfather is a full blood Indian.
19. I ditched school a lot in high school.
20. I have driven a semi-truck before.
21. My first job was working in a "Click photo booth" in the middle of a parking lot.
22. I have never colored my hair, ever.
23. I like watching Motocross racing.
24. My favorite movie is "The Man from Snowy River".
25. My favorite sports are softball and volleyball.
26. I didn't discover I had a half brother until I was 25.
27. I have been on a church history tour back east 2 times.
28. I have Thorasic Outlet Syndrome.
29. I love wild flowers.
30. In high school I would go to bed at 9pm.
31. I was 16 and on my first date when I kissed a boy for the first time.
32. My favorite animal is the platypus.
33. One day I hope to go to Australia to see a platypus.
34. Quakie Aspens are my favorite tree.
35. I talk to myself a lot.
36. I wanted to grow up and be a History teacher.

There you have it. 36 somewhat weird, interesting facts about me.

9 comments:

bloodfamily said...

A fellow semi truck driver. Sweet! I love the Man from Snowy River, too. I learned alot about you in this post. I like you even more (if that's possible). And, what is Thorasic Outlet Syndrome?

bloodfamily said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Casey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was thinking about you earlier and then came to my computer and found these fun facts. What I LOVED most was that I knew so many of all of those facts. I remember you going to bed by 9pm. I couldn't believe it because you know how my family is. But, I didn't know that you had a 1/2 brother. And from your comment you didn't either for a long time. Is he older, younger? I am so surprised I don't even know what to say. Anyway, It was good to remember all those fun things about you. Hope you have a great day.

Natalie N said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I loved learning these 36 fun facts about you. :) What a great idea! Hope the birthday celebrations last at least 36 hours! :)
xoxo

Rachael said...

I am jealous you have never colored your hair!
Lets hope you don't roll this car.
Good for you for being 16 on your first date and first kiss! Way to get it all out of the way in 1 night!
Do I know the story of you finding out you were pregnant in the ER?
What is Thorasic Outlet Syndrome?

Glad you made the list!!

Kellie DeMille said...

I love the list! It was so fun to read. Honestly who doesn't like melon? You and my husband that's who. I don't understand it and never will. The platypus huh, very interesting...

The Hardy's said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! It was neat reading all those interesting facts about you, great idea.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry it is a day late. I loved reading this list! I can't believe you have never colored your hair. I think you are the only person I know who hasn't! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Gibbons Family Updates said...

Why a platypus? And what the heck is Thorasic blah-blah?