Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009

To start our Halloween festivities Brandon and I went to a pumpkin patch with some friends. We went to this same pumpkin patch last year and had a great time. However, this year he did not want to go on any of the fun stuff he just wanted his pumpkin. He played in the dirt and straw on the ground most of the time. Here he is posing with the pumpkins.This is the one ride he would go on. He rode it several times and despite the look on his face he really liked it. The kids did the usual school parties. I am learning that the older the kids get the less involved parents are in the classroom parties. Which actually makes me kind of sad.
Emma worked at the spook alley at the school's "Safe Street" on Thursday. The rest of us came to check it out after Jake's soceer game.
Halloween night the ward had "trunk or treat" that we went to and actually decorated our trunk for the first time ever. I know sad huh?
Here are the kids in their costumes this year. I have to say the best part of their costumes is how cheap they were to put together this year.
Brandon is a PIRATE. His costume was lent to us by a friend (Thank you Rachael Randall you are awesome!!) and I bought all his accesories for $2.
Emma is BELLATRIX LESTRANGE from Harry Potter. Her costume is a combination of 2 of her old costumes. The only thing I bought was the poster board for her sign and some black nail polish and black lipstick.
Jake is SNAKE EYES from G.I. Joe. His black jumpsuit was recycled from last year and we already had his sword. So his costume was FREE.
The best part is that everyone loved their costumes.
Here they are with all their candy. Thank goodness they didn't get as much as last year.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

You couldn't give me any more props than...a friend lent it to us!? Whatever! JK-so happy you could use it!
Your kids look great and I am jealous that you can think outside the box and use past costumes to make new ones! Next year I will 1-dress up and 2-decorate our trunk!

bloodfamily said...

I love the Bellatrix costume - so creative! As the kids get older, they need less and less help, but they will ALWAYS need their Mother.

Kellie DeMille said...

The kids looked great! Yeah for cheap costumes!!

Sarah said...

I love not spending money on new costumes. Sadie's wore one that used to be Megan's, and Megan's was free this year, so I only had to buy Jackson's. Not too bad. Your kids all looked great!

Anonymous said...

Owen was a pirate too... fun! fun! ... that stash of candy looks sooo yummy!

Emily and Dan said...

Love Emma's costume! She looks awesome. Also, thanks for sharing your Aunt Linda's advice. I really enjoyed it.