Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jake's Wrestling Tournament

Here is a view of the gym with all the wrestling mats. There is room for 8 matches to go on at once. It gets pretty loud and crazy in the gym too. I still haven't decided if I like watching Jake wrestling. My maternal instincts kick in and I want to stop my kid from getting beat up. When he cries (which all the wrestlers do) I want to hug him and say "It's okay" and then another part of me wants to say "Suck it up and pin the kid!!".This post is actually about Jake's 2nd wrestling tournament. It was held at Legacy High School here in North Las Vegas. It was actually the same day Jake was baptized. He was done at 2pm ran home and showered and headed over to the stake center. That made for a crazy day.
Matt is one of the assistant coaches. This is what it looks like from my point of view watching Matt and another coach help Jake out on the mat.
Jake is trying to pin this kid....

and he does!!!!
After a wrestler wins a match they are suppose to sign the bout sheet and turn it in. Here is Jake with his winning bout sheet. He looks really excited he won huh?

Jake is actually doing pretty good for his first year. He can hold his own with kids who have wrestled for a year or two. He has gotten pinned a couple of times and plans on making sure that doesn't happen again.


2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck, I don't know if I could watch Tyson get pinned. I think I would take the kid out who made my kid cry. I guess we are sticking to team sports. Just so I don't get arrested :) Jake looks so grown up in his wrestling uniform! Go Jake!

Rachael said...

Make sure he doesn't get vegetable ear! Isn't' that what its called?? Looks like fun!