Thursday, October 2, 2008

School Daze

Okay so the kids had a great first day at school except for all the crazy traffic. I guess that part would involve me more than them. Anyway, Brandon seemed to survive the day without them. The school is brand new and so the sidewalks are not complete. So the school has been providing buses for all kids even kids that are in walking distance like Emma and Jake. So we have been taking advantage of that situation. I walk the kids 5 houses down and they get on the bus. I haven't been having to worry about all the traffic at the school. However, yesterday they had to change buses (long boring story). My kids got off the bus and said the bus was disgusting and had naughty words written all over it. They then proceded to spell out every naughty word they saw. Long story short, I drove them to school this morning. The traffic was not bad at all. Hopefully it will be okay this afternoon.
Emma has a man teacher who she says "is very strict but in a good way". Jake has a really cool teacher too. I am pleased with the school thus far. I don't know how your elementary schools work but here they have what are called "specials" . That would be music, art, P.E. and library. They get to attend each of these once a week (P.E. twice). All is well in elementary school in Las Vegas. One less thing for me to worry about now.

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I didn't realize Las Vegas started school a month after Utah schools.

Wendy and Scott said...

Sounds like you guys are getting settled. How exciting to make new friends and a new school. We miss you guys.

Rachael said...

I am so glad to know you have a blog! We will get you up and running with pictures. I can help!