Thursday, November 13, 2008

My birthday weekend and then some

My 35th birthday was last Friday, November 7th. Yes I feel old. Thank you to all who sent cards, called or wished me happy birthday. For my birthday my sweet new friends here in Las Vegas went to lunch with me. Then it was the Enrichment Night's craft night. I went to that and made my awesome crafts and ate everything you could think dipped in chocolate from the chocolate fountain they had. All the sisters at craft night sang Happy Birthday and totally made my day. I went home and then ate a piece of my Sam's Club chocolate cake I bought for myself. It was awesome. I did share with my family.
Saturday we went to the air show at Nellis Air Force base. We were there most of the day and had a great time. Brandon just kept saying "airplane, airplane" over and over again. He was beginning to remind us of the guy on the show "Fantasy Island" (Does anyone remember that show?). It really was fun and the weather was not to bad. Matt and Jake were in heaven. They kept teling me all kinds of info I either didn't understand or didn't care about. I would post a few pictures of the air show but I refuse to sort through the 500+ pictures Matt took. Yes that is correct, 500+. The one cool thing that happened is that we were there so late that we able to meet one of the pilots from the Thunderbirds. Unfortunately I forgot to get his picutre. I was so mad when we left. Everyone had a good time. I am sure we will be going again next year.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Da Plane, Da Plane. I used to love Fantasy Island. I'm glad you had a good birthday. And your not old!

Rachael said...

I am glad you guys went to the Air Show. I wanted to this year but I scheduled family pictures for 3pm and we didn't get done until 5 so...next year. The Thunderbirds are AMAZING!
Glad you enjoyed your birthday-I am always up for Cafe Rio! Of course when you told me about your eyes yesterday - it dashed my thoughts that we touched you so much when we sang to you! Oh well! :)

Jossie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad it went well and that you enjoyed all of the chocolate from fabulous friday :-)

Wendy and Scott said...

Yipee! 35 years old! Happy Birthday! It was fun to visit this week. See ya soon.

Natalie N said...

Happy late birthday from us too! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I'm so impressed with how quickly you all have made such great friends in your new place.
We miss you guys!
xoxo

Areli said...

Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!!