Friday, October 16, 2009

Jake turns 8!!

For Jake's birthday this year I thought I would post some pictures of him in his younger years and some fun memories. (Again none before 2005 when our digital world began.)

This picture was taken at the L.A. Zoo. Jake is standing near the flamingos and judging by his facial expression he does not like the smell. We laugh about this picture all the time.

This is one of my favorites. He was so proud of himself learning to write his name and sound words out. It says "I LF U MOM" That means "I love you mom". In case you couldn't figure it out.
A handsome little man on Easter.


This picture is from his 4th birthday party. As you can see it is a Batman party. Jake wanted to send his Grandpa's invitations even though he knew they could not come. My dad lived in Utah 8 hours away and Matt's dad was in Iraq. My dad came anyway without telling us and surprised us. We answered the door and there stood my awesome dad dressed as Batman. The best part was when we asked Jake "Who is that?" (thinking he would say Grandpa) he said "It's Batman!!"

The next picture is of Jake riding his quad with all his riding gear. He loves to ride.
Random picture of his silliness.
Jake and I at his Kindergarten "Mother's Day Tea Party" He had to draw a picture of what I look like and fill out a form about my favorite things.
A picture of him at the beach one summer. He really liked going to the beach even though we didn't go very often.


This is Jake on his 7th birthday loving his new LEGOS. Notice the missing tooth.

My handsome son!!


It is truly hard to believe that Jake is 8 years old. It seems like just a short time ago he was colicky and not sleeping through the night. He has turned into a little man. He is so smart and really enjoys learning new things and hanging out with his dad. He is a good big brother to Brandon and more often than not he and Emma have a lot of fun together.

Lately he has been noticing other kids who need a friend and trying to make them feel special even if no one else does. I love watching him be mindful of others. Jake is always ready to give me a hug and loves to share his day at school with me. He is a great son and we are truly blessed to have him in our family. As we say in our house "Jake makes my heart happy."

HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY JAKE!!!

5 comments:

bloodfamily said...

I think he looks just like his Dad! Wow! Hard to believe that he is 8 already.

Sarah said...

Oh the cuteness! I love all of the pictures. Happy Birthday Jake!

Kellie DeMille said...

What a cutie! He is such a good boy!!!

The Hardy's said...

What fun memories and what a cool Grandpa! Hope he had a great birthday.

Natalie N said...

Awww... loved this little walk down memory lane. Such cute pictures of Jake! How fun to have a responsible 8 year old boy around the home. He's such a sweetheart!

Oh, and I loved the Batman story of your dad, too! Priceless!