Monday, October 19, 2009

Jake's Birthday Party!

For Jake's birthday party he invited two of his friends to sleep over and then Matt took them to Logandale to go riding in the Rhino.
This is Jake and his 2 best buddies. They came over Friday night and ate pizza, a lot of pizza. Later they had rootbeer floats and homemade doughtnuts per Jake's request. They stayed in Jake's room most of the night hanging out and playing with the new toys the boys gave him for his birthday. It made for a quiet evening.
As I mentioned Jake wanted homemade doughnuts instead of cake. So I made them for him and then I had to figure out how to put 8 candles into a pile of doughnuts. Here is how it turned out.
I missed taking a picture when he blew out his candles so I ask Jake to recreate the moment for me. I think he made it quite believable. What do you think?
Saturday morning the boys were up by 6:45am. So we got up and made them breakfast, packed their lunch and snacks and got things packed up in the truck.
They actually saw a tortosie walking in the sand when they were out riding. The boys thought that was pretty cool. There was also a lot of rock throwing and rolling down sandy hills. You know the usual boy stuff.
This is the boys ready to get going standing in front of the Rhino.
They got home around 4pm. After dropping of his friends Jake and Matt quickly got cleaned up and headed out to buy Jake his new bike. He has been saving up for quite some time to pay for half of his bike. As soon as they got home he and Matt made a few adjustments to the bike and Jake rode it until alomost 9pm when we told him he had to come in the house.
Here he is with his new sweet ride.
I asked Jake "How was your birthday?" His response was "I loved it. It was awesome. It was the best birthday ever!"
I say "Mission accomplished".

5 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow what a fun birthday! He's such a good kid, I'm glad he had a great brithday!

bloodfamily said...

What?! You had 3 boys at your house in one room, and it was quiet? How did you luck out. I think it is awesome that he helped purchase his own bike. How great is that! Sounds like a fun trip too - as I have said before - It's all about the memories.

Rachael said...

What a great birthday party for a boy! Homemade doughnuts? YUM!!!!

Sarah said...

You seriously have the best birthday parties for your kids! I am always so impressed. How rewarding to hear how much he liked it. I am just grateful I do not know how to make homemade doughnuts. I would be in big trouble.

The King Crew said...

What a memorable birthday and I think it is neat that he helped out with the bike. You guys are doing an awesome job as parents!