Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Emma's family birthday party

After Emma's big slumber party I was not about to do anything extravagant for her actual birthday. So we made homemade pizza and I made Emma a double layer cake which she insisted she decorate. So I frosted the cake and she decorated the cake. I have to say I was a bit bummed out about the cake because even though I don't decorate cakes fabulously I still enjoy doing it. I told Emma this and her reply was "You have had 9 years of decorating my cakes, get over it." Nice huh? (It actually didn't come out as rude as it may sound)
Emma did let me do the writing on the cake and she did the rest. She did a great job considering she only had a ziplock bag with the tip cut off to decorate with.
Matt attacked Emma with the whip cream bottle.
Emma is very excited about finally being 10 and told us all numerous times during the day. We all had fun hanging out, eating pizza, eating cake and ice cream and playing Ms. Pac Man on the playstation.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

WOW-your pizza looks so professional! The cake looks good...too bad you didn't bring any to share today! I shared my pool the LEAST you could do is bring me a piece! JUST KIDDING!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

You are a nice Mom. I would have said you had a slumber party and kept me up all night, you are done. Emma sure is lucky!

Natalie N said...

Woo-hoo! Double digits for Emma! The pizza and cake looked awesome. I'm impressed! Sounds like Emma had a wonderful birthday celebration!