Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jake's primary talk

Jake was assigned to give a talk in primary on Sunday. The topic was temples. He basically wrote the talk himself with very little help from me. The talk was only 1 mintute long and that was long enough for Jake. Here it is:

This summer my family was able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house in Draper, Utah.
I liked to see the big font for the baptisms for the dead.
I liked the celestial room with the big chandelier.
I thought the temple was a very special place.
I was glad I got to see the inside of the temple and see all the neat rooms.
I have heard of the sealing rooms in the temples where families are sealed together forever but it was really neat to actually see one.
In the sealing rooms there are 2 mirrors that face each other. My family stood in front of one of the mirrors and we saw our reflection go on forever. Just like my family we be together forever.
Temples are built so people can be sealed and have families together forever. I am thankful for temples and for the blessings it gives to all of God's children.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Well I am glad you posted it since I was so rude and went to the bathroom during his talk! It sounded like a good talk!

Kellie DeMille said...

So cute! What a good talk! I would be busting with pride.

Sarie said...

I love it. What a great talk!

Sarah said...

What a good job he did writing it. Megan now writes her own and I never know what we are going to get.