Thursday, August 20, 2009

I know my colors!!

Brandon has been learning his colors for quite some time. He likes to tell me the colors of the things he sees and when he is done he always says "I know my colors." I hear this about 5-6 times a day and I love it. He is also trying to learn to count. That is taking a little longer than the colors. He counts "1, 2, 3, 4, 9" and then just keeps repeating the same sequence. So I tried to teach him to count to 5 with his fingers and then give me 5. So we would say "1,2,3,4,5, give me 5." We were in Utah last weekend and I told Brandon to count to 5 for his Aunt Randi and he held up his hand and said "1,2,3,6,11, give me 5!" What? Not sure where that one came from. So cute though. He does know some of the letters of the alphabet but right now he has no interest in learning the rest and gets mad when I try to sing the alphabet song. The letters he does know are B for Brandon (which he can actually draw too), D for Dad, E for Emma, J for Jake, M for Mom and S for Summers and of course Superman. It is a good thing he has 2 more years before he starts kindergarten, we have a lot of work to do. Love this kid!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I seriously love 3 year olds so much! He is so adorable.

kelly said...

kids are growing up too fast, I say.

For Matt: Jodi is doing great. She lives in Riverton (close to Draper) and has 5 boys. (I posted about her the other day. . .)Her husband is an oral surgeon in SLC and she is the same laid back, sweet girl she's always been. We talk about every day on the phone, which is nice. They moved here from Nebraska about 2 years ago and we still just wish she was closer! She asks about you too. I just tell her that sometimes you come to Tremonton but you never come see us. So I wouldn't know. . .just kiddding (I know how busy those short little trips are.)

Rachael said...

That is such a cute picture! Eli does well but skips 13 and 15 and in the ABC's the L,M,N,O,P gets a bit jumbled! We have a lot of work to do as well!

Scarcy Family said...

I can't believe how much older he's looking. I guess they are just not babies anymore....it goes too fast sometimes!!!